TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All Participants must sign a waiver prior to any tour or rental starting.
2. A safety/operational briefing will always be given to Participants for any bike rental or tour.
3. All renters must be physically fit and, where swimming is involved be confident swimmers to make a booking. By making a booking, each client warrants that this is the case to The Cayman Bike Company
4. The minimum age for the rental of a Cruiser Bike is 12 years and 5’0” tall, for the Raleigh Electric Bike minimum age is 14 years and 5’0” tall and Rayvolt Electric Bike it is 16 years with a minimum height of 5’4”. All guests must weigh no more than 280lbs to ride any bike.
5. All renters must meet age and weight requirements.
6. Please note, it is law in Grand Cayman that all children under the age of 16 years must wear a helmet.
7. Guests must have a general knowledge of bike riding, be able to ride comfortably on a step through and/or cross bar electric and pedal bike, and ride the bike independently.
8. Single file riding only.
9. Guests must be aware of other road vehicles and pedestrians crossing roads, particularly on the busy West Bay Road and in the George Town area.
10. Please remember we ride on the left hand side of the road.
11. The tour or rental of bikes may not be open to guests with back, neck, knee, ankle or other mobility issues and is not wheelchair accessible. The tour and rental of bikes may not be open to pregnant women.
12. Guests will not be permitted to rent or participate in any bike tour if under the influence of alcohol or drugs under any circumstances or where we suspect the guest is under any kind of intoxicating influence.
13. All persons involved with our rental activities acknowledge that said activities are potentially dangerous and agree to hold The Cayman Bike Company all owners, employees and affiliated properties harmless.
14. The Cayman Bike Company carries liability insurance coverage for all equipment, however physical damages incurred during the rental period are NOT covered. Renter is fully responsible for all of the costs related to damage to the equipment including lost rental revenues. Please check your homeowner, renter, auto, or credit card policies to see if there is an endorsement available to you. This is an inexpensive alternative that most people can access fairly easily.
15. The Cayman Bike Company offers NO insurance coverage for equipment damages incurred during your rental period. Furthermore, the Renter(s) understands and agrees that he/she who is known to The Cayman Bike Company as the Renter, is wholly responsible for anyone else who uses the equipment during the entire rental period.
16. Renter is responsible for any and all losses and damages to The Cayman Bike Company equipment while in their care.
Payments, Cancellations & Refunds
17. We require credit card details to secure the booking which will be fully charged at the time of booking,
18. All sales are final. Cancellations made 7 days or more before your reserved date are eligible for a full refund.
19. Cancellations made between 3-6 days of rental (or 3-13 days for a boat charter) will receive 50% refund.
20. Any Cancellation within 48 hours of activity will receive no refund whatsoever
21. NO SHOWS are charged in full for the rental period reserved. Any party that has not arrived by the scheduled time of the rental shall be deemed a NO SHOW.
22. Prices quoted exclude food/beverage with the exception of the boat where canapes and/or lunch, together with complementary bar depending on which tour you have selected.
23. All tour times are listed in Cayman Island time. Please make sure you are aware what the local time is so you do not show up an hour early or late (due to ship time difference). The Cayman Islands remain on United States Eastern Standard Time (EST) year round and do NOT change for daylight savings time.
24. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation for violations to our policies.
25. We reserve the right, solely at our discretion, to reschedule and/or cancel your reservation in the event of inclement weather. Reservations cancelled due to weather (or any other VALID and APPROVED reason) during the rental period will be given the choice of a full refund or rebooking at a later date or time. This will be at the sole discretion of The Cayman Bike Company staff. Similarly, if you are a cruise ship passenger and your ship has not docked due to weather conditions we will also refund in full the payment taken
26. All refunds will be made by method of payment used for the reservation.
27. No refunds will be issued for early ride termination, especially those terminated due to UNSAFE behavior.
28. Bike rentals will need to be returned within the specified time period of rental. If over the allotted time, a full additional hourly rental will be charged until such time as the bike is returned. We reserve the right to charge you a fee of US$100 for the repatriation of your bike to its base if you cannot return it yourself.
29. It is inevitable that reserved equipment will occasionally be unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances at the time of your rental reservation. We reserve the right to offer you substitute equipment of equal or greater value in lieu of the originally reserved equipment at no extra cost to you. If no alternate equipment is available, we really have no choice but to reschedule or cancel your reservation at the sole discretion of The Cayman Bike Company staff.